Patrick has experience in many practice areas, including complex premises liability, automobile collisions, medical negligence, nursing home negligence, product liability, and appeals.
Before joining Robert J. Napleton and Associates, Patrick spent more than ten years practicing at another top-tier firm representing plaintiffs in serious and catastrophic injury cases. Over the course of his career, Patrick has obtained or helped obtain numerous substantial verdicts and settlements for clients. Some of those include:
- $25.9 million verdict (auto accident)
- $7.5 million verdict (trucking accident)
- $5.85 million settlement (trucking accident)
- $5.7 million settlement (auto accident)
- $3.7 million settlement (trucking accident)
- $2 million settlement (auto accident)
- $950,000 settlement (medical malpractice)
- $831,000 verdict (auto accident)
- $800,000 settlement (medical malpractice)
Patrick has also handled a number of appeals. Patrick has worked on appellate teams that protected an apparent agency verdict against a cab company on behalf of a severely brain-injured client and also reversed summary judgment in an apparent agency case against a hospital in a case involving a child severely harmed during birth. He successfully argued to affirm a 2016 jury verdict for a client who fell down stairs at a gymnasium that lacked proper safety precautions.
Patrick was also recently selected for membership in the American Board of Trial Advocates, a national, invitation-only organization of experienced trial lawyers and judges dedicated to the preservation and promotion of the civil jury system. Members must have tried at least 10 jury trials to conclusion and exhibit exceptional civility, integrity, and professionalism.
Patrick received his bachelor’s degree from Indiana University and his J.D. from DePaul College of Law.